How Big Is The WordPress Market?
WordPress is a very large market. Below are some facts to help you understand what you can expect in selling a plugin to WordPress website owners.
- 50-60% is WordPress’ share of the global Content Management Software (CMS) market – making it the most popular CMS of them all for the 7th year in a row.
- New York Observer®, New York Post®, TED®, Thought Catalog®, Williams®, USA Today®, CNN®, Fortune®, TIME®, National Post®, Spotify®, TechCrunch®, CBS Local®, NBC®*, and more all use WordPress.
- WordPress is the fastest growing CMS, with roughly 500+ new sites being built daily in the top 10 million websites on the web (compared to Shopify’s and Squarespace’s 60-80).
- WordPress powers 14.7% of top 100 websites in the world.
- 17 posts are published every second on WordPress sites around the world.
- 37 million global Google searches for “WordPress” are made per month.
- 8% of the top 100 blogs according to Technorati are managed with WordPress.
- 2,645 of the top 10k websites on the web use WordPress.
- 22,111 of the top 100k websites use WordPress.
- 297,629 of the top 1M websites use WordPress.
Published at https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/wordpress-statistics/ on February 21st, 2018.
*Trademarks of the companies above.